Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Error Of My Ways

I was standing in line at my favorite bakery, ( I sometimes stand outside and sniff for hours) Sunday morning, when a gentleman who shall remain nameless walked up to me and informed me he knew what was wrong with Crossing The Centerline.
I immediately assumed a defensive position and waited for the body shot to come in front of a dozen other customers. Perhaps he had also discovered for reasons unknown to man a characters name changes within a two page span.
I looked down at the floor and start writing imaginary letters with the toe of my right shoe. A habit I picked up in a principal's office long ago. I take the customerary deep breath, and ask. "What would that be?"
He grinned a little and said, "It was way too short."
I offered to buy him a dozen donuts, but he just shook my hand and was on his way. He doesn't know it but I will never forget him.

No comments:

Post a Comment