Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Now For Something Totally Different

Two weeks before we came to the SunShine State my friend, and full time Florida guy,Dick Stolper let me know he was having the batteries changed in our golf cart. (Down here it is the transportation of choice. Grocery store, restaurants, the hospital of course.) That done for a month now we have driven it everywhere. Yesterday it died at a stop sign a few miles from our place. I guessed it needed charging. A gracious couple offered us a tow using Miss Lizzie's leash as a rope. They brought us home and we pushed the offending vehicle into the garage. Half an hour after I had assumed my place at the keyboard, the house shook with a loud bang from the garage which was filled with smoke and an acrid sulfur smell from the $750 battery explosion.    I just love the unexpected, It's what makes getting up in the morning worthwhile. and costly to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment