Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I have to do what? Say that one more time.

Visited an Indie near my Florida place and approached the manager about doing a signing. He was kind enough to let me know I would first have to seek out an unknown reporter with the local news-paper, to get a feature interview, to correspond with the signing, without knowing what day that would be and I should also consider a half page add to facilitate the feature article.
Obviously I bear an amazing resemblance to Billy Gates I wasn't aware of.
I'm thinking about going to plan "B". A corrugated cardboard sign, "Writer , will sell books for food", and a real busy intersection.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about the turnout...if it's in the paper, and there's an ad, the bookstore gets free publicity and more people might show up. Or they might not. The whole thing is a gamble, even at my B&N. For some reason, customers won't show up for a signing but will come in a month or two later looking for that book--which we may not have anymore depending on the author. And, in central Illinois, forget about big authors like Connelly and Patterson...though I know we had two guys named Sakey and Chercover who were kind enough to stop in and sign some books on their way to somewhere else. :o)

    ReplyDelete